Federer vs. Nadal: 12 Key Stats
Find out more about the Federer-Nadal rivalry before their semi-final clash in Paris
After quarter-final wins on Tuesday, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will contest the 39th match in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series for a spot in the Roland Garros final. This will be their sixth meeting in Paris, with Nadal triumphing in each of their previous five clashes.
Nadal is bidding to snap his five-match losing streak against Federer, which dates back to the 2014 Australian Open semi-finals and extend his unbeaten 22-0 record in matches at Roland Garros after reaching the final four.
ATPTour.com looks at some of the stats you need to know ahead of Federer and Nadal's encounter:
- Nadal and Federer’s 38 prior meetings are the third-most in the Open Era (Nadal/Djokovic 54, Federer/Djokovic 47)
- Federer has held in 31 straight service games against Nadal since the fifth set of the 2017 Australian Open final
- Federer has won four Grand Slam titles since turning 30 and Nadal has won three
- In both the 2006 and 2007 Roland Garros finals, Nadal snapped Federer’s 27-match Grand Slam win streaks
- Nadal has won 17 more sets than Federer in their rivalry (Nadal leads 67-50)
- Nadal and Federer have met 15 times on clay (Nadal leads 13-2)
- Federer and Nadal are meeting in the Roland Garros semi-finals for the first time in 14 years
- Federer is 15-23 against Nadal and 112-13 against all other left-handed players
- Nadal and Federer have met 12 times at Grand Slams (Nadal leads 9-3)
- Nadal is 11-10 against Federer in tie-breaks
- Nadal and Federer have met in nine semi-finals (Nadal leads 6-3)
- The winner of Friday’s match will be No. 2 in the ATP Rankings on Monday. The loser will be No. 3.
More On Roger vs Rafa, XXXIX
* Preview: Nadal & Federer Face Off In SF
* Federer & Nadal's 10 Best Quotes About Each Other
* The History Of Nadal vs. Federer In Paris
* Can You Pass Our Federer-Nadal Quiz?
* Roger & Rafa: Every Match Ever Played
Federer & Nadal's Five FedEx ATP Head2Head Meetings At Roland Garros
|2011||F||Rafael Nadal||7-5, 7-6(3), 5-7, 6-1|
|2008||F||Rafael Nadal||6-1, 6-3, 6-0|
|2007||F||Rafael Nadal||6-3, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4|
|2006||F||Rafael Nadal||1-6, 6-1, 6-4, 7-6(4)|
|2005||SF||Rafael Nadal||6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3|
Did You Know?
While Novak Djokovic is currently in the top spot, Federer (310) and Nadal (196) have combined for 506 weeks at No. 1 in the ATP Rankings — nearly 10 years!
- Research by Joshua Rey