The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
ATP Tour, Inc. is seeking an exceptional Social Media Senior Manager to join its Marketing team.
We are seeking someone who genuinely understands the social landscape and the way it works, is a go getter, content creator who will be a self-sufficient team member. Our ideal candidate can take direction and help run a large roster of campaigns and projects within a fast-paced, always on and everchanging environment. This position requires passion and dedication and presents a rare opportunity to work in one of the few truly global sports.
• Supporting the Director, Social Media in scaling and delivering multiple key projects, events and reports on a weekly basis
• Implementing the Tour's social media and digital brand strategy
• Co-ordinating key team activities such as events coverage, liaising with in-house studio on design briefs and consolidating communication and shoot schedules with player comms teams.
• Daily operation of posting all ATP Tour social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tiktok)
• Delivering excellent, reciprocal ‘fan engagement’ through extensive and nuanced community management
• Day-to-day collaboration with our editorial team to ensure consistency of output across platforms
• Working with ATP players and Tournaments to support their social media efforts
• Devising and delivering incredible content ideas with our studio team
• Driving ongoing alignment with WTA as we try to position tennis as one sport
• Being the guardian of the ATP's tone of voice and content/platform strategy on social media
• Creating basic social graphics and videos (you can leave the difficult tasks to the specialists)
• Delivering contractual partner branded content on social media in coordination with the commercial department
• Developing and managing campaign or always on paid media strategies with partner agencies
• Working with our analytics team to optimize output; reporting on reach, engagement, referral and growth metrics based on data
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Requires 5-7 years’ experience working in social media for either an agency or in-house at a large consumer or sports brand is essential
• A strategic thinker who is able to think longer-term, articulate their ideas effectively – with proven experience developing and implementing longer term social strategies and large-scale projects
• A confident individual who is comfortable supporting a process driven environment and implementing strategies to add consistency and structure to a remote and dynamic team and ever-changing landscape
• Experience in community and influencer management is preferred, with the ability to help manage crisis or disruption comms and processes
• An excellent project manager, with prior experience working on big brand campaigns, involving the management of multiple internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to commercial partnerships, media and creative agencies, brands, PR and .com/digital.
• Must have a clear understanding of and experience in paid media; how it can be used for audience growth and segmentation and adapted to various KPIs, depending on campaign objectives
• A good understanding of the intricacies of tennis world and the wider sports social industry landscape. Enthusiasm for sport is a must
• Strong and versatile copywriting skills. The candidate needs to be able to adapt instantly to the brand’s tone-of-voice with flawless grammar and articulation, mixed with a distinctive flair of creativity and style
• We’re looking for imagination and creative spark, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritize, work in a team, deal with feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure
• As part of this role, you may be encouraged to assert your expertise and use data to back up your ideas. Good analytical skills and previous experience using social analytics tools would be a massive benefit.
• Interest in the wider social media landscape- new formats, trends, platform trials and innovations across different verticals is also beneficial
• We really want someone who shows great initiative!
• A creative at heart with strong graphic design and video editing skills.
1. Do you have a minimum of 5 years working in social media - this does not include having your own social media channel.
2. What is your experience working in tennis?