The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
ATP is seeking a freelance writer/editor based in Europe to contribute to its digital media channels, which include ATPTour.com, NittoATPFinals.com, NextGenATPFinals.com, and e-newsletters.
If you are the successful applicant, your weekly commitment will vary based on the Tour’s calendar and, like any good player, you must be willing to suit up mornings, nights and weekends. You must have excellent English writing skills and an exceptional level of tennis knowledge. A second language is desired but not mandatory.
This is a contract position with an expected time commitment of between 30-40 hours a week, with hours fluctuating somewhat throughout the season.
There is an opportunity to travel to a few tournaments each year, but you will primarily work from your home or home office. You will be expected to provide your own PC and software.
• Ideate, research, and generate compelling news articles and features to promote ATP players and tournaments
• Working to strict deadlines based on match play, produce accurate, timely and engaging daily tournament match reports and features to tell the story of the ATP Tour
• Generate content with broad appeal outside of hardcore tennis fans that appeals to ATP’s Target Consumer
• Upload written and photo content via the Sitecore content management system
• Provision and promote video content flowing into ATP’s video platform
• Leverage ATP’s rich statistical database for content production
• Make other content posts, including player and tournament updates, photo galleries, charity content, score updates and more
• Provide ideas and direction to our Creative team for eye-catching graphics to promote compelling storylines and milestones
• Contribute to ATP’s stable of newsletters
• Assist with daily QA of ATP’s digital assets
• Assist with adding and removing ads from the websites’ ad rotations
• Proofread fellow writers’ articles
• Undertake general website updates
• Generate digital content for ATP partners
Required Skills & Attributes
• Exceptional tennis knowledge. All applicants who make the interview stage will be required to undertake a quiz to validate his/her tennis knowledge
• Excellent English writing skills
• Creative thinking that facilitates an ongoing stream of compelling content ideas
• A talent for writing engaging headlines
• An eye for great photography to illustrate written content
• A second language is highly desired but not mandatory
• High attention to detail, especially the ability to write crisp copy devoid of factual errors and typos and the ability to catch errors during the proofreading of stories
• Prior experience working on websites and social media channels within the tennis industry is a plus
• Ability to work independently, at nights and weekends, and to exercise sound editorial judgement
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in different time zones around the globe
• Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Basic experience working in HTML, Photoshop, and video editing or the willingness to learn
1. Are you based in Europe?
2. Which tennis websites/publications have you contributed to in the past two years? How many of your stories were published during that time?
3. Do you have three published stories that showcase your writing talent? (If so, please share those links)
4. Which content management systems do you have experience working with?
5. Do you have basic HTML and Photoshop experience?
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Designer to join the ATP team in London. Working closely with our team of creatives you will be a part of a think tank working across many ATP touchpoints from social and digital to physical Tournament branding. If you're obsessed with all things creative, are passionate about changing the face of tennis and have the ability to oscillate from concept to execution quickly, we want to hear from you.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Oversee 360 creative on all marketing and brand projects requiring creative thinking and direction
• Work independently and collaboratively to develop compelling creative solutions that align with the strategic brief
• Work with the Creative Director, other designers and agency partners to steer the future vision of the ATP
• Work collaboratively with the ATP social and digital teams to deliver creative assets for ATP brand platforms
• Work with internal teams and agency partners to deliver bespoke creative assets for players and Tournaments
• Be a steward of ATP’s brand guidelines by adhering to technical specs and best practices
• Conduct research and create trend guides to support projects and concepts
• Continually raise the bar for creative excellence
• Be an active contributor to creative brainstorms, with the ability to shift from concept to execution very quickly
• Perform project updates, revisions, and maintenance as required
• 5+ years work experience as a graphic designer or related position
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles
• Understanding of design elements: colour, composition as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
• Must understand and be able to comply with brand identity & guidelines
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, in a fast-paced work environment
• Attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to self-manage time and output
• Must be dependable, positive, and open-minded, and be able to clearly communicate both verbally and visually
• Senior individual contributor to do hands-on work but also have the potential to manage a team
• Experience with motion graphics is preferred
• Tennis knowledge is preferred although not essential
• Great judgment mixed with maturity, flexibility and resilience are key qualities that we’re looking for
• We’re looking for a team player who embraces the company culture, gets involved with the various initiatives and enjoys working in a team
• You’ll need to be someone who always remains positive and motivated, inspiring colleagues to maintain a similar attitude. You’ll see positive or negative feedback as constructive and a way to help you develop
• There may occasionally be stressful times with this job! We’ll need you to show patience, and be able to make judgment calls under pressure
• We’re looking for someone solution driven, meaning you’ll be inquisitive, tenacious and determined… always looking for new ways to deliver ground-breaking work
• A creative, confident, passionate individual and who understands effective storytelling on social
• Someone who’s not afraid to make mistakes and push boundaries
The position of Social Media Manager is for someone who genuinely understands the social landscape and the way it works. We want the ATP to be embedded in culture naturally and in an authentic and credible way, with an emphasis on regular, quality content that both appeals to current fans and attracts new audiences to the sport.
This role should be fulfilled by content creators who are self-sufficient team members who can take direction and run with it in a fast paced and everchanging environment. This position requires passion and dedication and presents a rare opportunity to work in one of the few truly global sports. You’ll travel the world (when it’s safe to do so again!) This role will require weekend working hours and a passion for sport and understanding of tennis is essential. This Social Media Manager position is based in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and reports to the Director, Social Media.
• Implementing the Tour's social media strategy
• Day-to-day management of all ATP Tour social media platforms
• Day-to-day collaboration with our editorial team to ensure consistency of output across platforms
• Working with ATP players and Tournaments to support their social media efforts
• Devising and delivering incredible content ideas with our studio team
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships, business-wide and with our sister company ATP Media
• Being the guardian of the ATP's tone of voice on social media platforms
• Creation of basic social graphics and videos (you can leave the difficult tasks to the specialists)
• Delivery of partner digital rights on social media in coordination with the commercial department
• Demonstrating excellent, true ‘fan engagement’ and two-way communication with supporters.
• Working with our analytics team to optimise output; reporting on reach, engagement, referral and growth metrics based on data
• Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Upwards of 3 years’ experience working in social media for either an agency or in-house is essential
• A strategic thinker who is able to think longer-term, articulate their ideas and take others on the journey – with proven experience developing and implementing social strategies
• A solid understanding of the tennis world and the wider sports social industry landscape
• An excellent project manager, with prior experience working on big brand campaigns, involving the management of multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Enthusiasm about the sport is a must
• Copywriting skills that are versatile. The candidate needs to be able to adapt instantly to the brand’s tone-of-voice with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation mixed with a touch of creativity
• We’re looking for imagination and creative spark, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work in a team, deal with feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure.
• As part of this role, you may be encouraged to assert your expertise and use data to back up your ideas. Good analytical skills and previous experience using social analytics tools would be a massive benefit.
• We really want someone who shows great initiative!
• A creative at heart with strong graphic design and video editing skills
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Positive Reviews from direct supervisor
• Collaborative work with other team members in social media as well as across other departments
• Demonstrated growth of followers across social channels