The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
The Sales & Sponsorship / Digital Media intern works across the ATP Commercial and Digital Media Departments to assist in the development of new sponsorship opportunities by researching companies and contacts within assigned categories, monitoring professional sports sponsorship trends, along with other special projects. On the digital media side, the intern will employ practical skills in the area of Google Analytics to provide information about the performance of the website, viewership, social media channels and other digital platforms.
About the Sales & Sponsorships (Commercial) Department
ATP Commercial department is the commercial arm of the ATP Tour. The ATP Commercial Department is responsible for the sale of ATP Tour sponsorship assets and all commercial inventory at the Nitto ATP Finals, along with the management of existing sponsor benefits.
About the Digital Media Department
ATP Digital Media department is the digital arm of the ATP Tour. The ATP Digital Media department is responsible for the creation and management of all ATP digital properties including websites, social media platforms, and mobile apps.
The objective of this internship is to assist in the creation and analysis of digital media reports to help monitor the health of all ATP digital channels, as well as conduct research on the latest social media trends and best practices.
Sales & Sponsorships
- Keep up-to-date on trends within sports sponsorship
- Research of sales leads and new business opportunities
- Specific activities would include researching companies within assigned categories and identifying specific contacts
- Supports in performing various analytical special projects, including working with spreadsheets, presentations and/or database applications to create reports for department leadership
- Account Management Support – responsible for the posting of ATP partner web banners, within the online advertising system
- Research latest social media trends and best practices specifically with respect to professional sports properties and commercial partnerships
- Track partner social media promotions
- Special administrative tasks as they arise
- Assisting with the development of sponsorship proposals
- Collaborate with staff and departments in preparing special projects
- Run analytics reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to monitor health of ATP digital channels
- Research latest social media trends and best practices.
- Track partner social media promotions
- This position receives direction from the Senior Director, Digital Content
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- College junior or senior, recent graduate or graduate student
- A background in business
- Excellent research skills
- Good organizational and execution skills, focus on detail
- Strong team player who can work independently
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn Commercial CRM system
- A positive and flexible attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- How did you hear about this job?
- What database experience do you have?