The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
The ATP Tour is seeking an excellent Social Media Manager to join the ATP Marketing team.
As well as someone who genuinely understands the social landscape and the way it works, we’re looking for go getters and content creators, self-sufficient team members who can take direction and run with it in a fast-paced and everchanging environment. This position requires passion and dedication and presents a rare opportunity to work in one of the few truly global sports.
• Implementing the Tour's social media strategy
• Day-to-day management of all ATP Tour social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tiktok) including community management
• Day-to-day collaboration with our editorial and operational teams to ensure consistency and synergy of output across platforms
• Working with ATP players and Tournaments to support their social media efforts
• Devising and delivering incredible content ideas with our studio team
• Driving ongoing alignment with WTA as we aim to position tennis as one sport
• Being the guardian of the ATP's tone of voice on social media platforms
• Creation of basic social graphics and videos (you can leave the difficult tasks to the specialists)
• Delivery of partner digital rights on social media in coordination with the commercial department
• Demonstrating excellent, true ‘fan engagement’ and two-way communication with supporters
• Development and management of paid media strategies and segmentation with partner agencies
• Working with our analytics team to optimise output; reporting on reach, engagement, referral and growth metrics and aligning with agreed benchmarks
• Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Upwards of 3 years’ experience working in social media for either an agency or client-side is essential
• A strategic thinker who is able to think longer-term, articulate their ideas and take others on the journey – with proven experience developing and implementing longer term brand social strategies
• A solid understanding of the tennis world and the wider sports social industry landscape
• An excellent project manager, with prior experience working on big brand campaigns, involving the management of multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding of paid media and how it can be used for audience growth and adapted to various KPIs
• Enthusiasm about the sport is a must
• International experience is desired due to the global nature of the sport, although not essential
• Copywriting skills that are versatile. The candidate needs to be able to adapt instantly to the brand’s tone-of-voice with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation mixed with a touch of creativity
• We’re looking for imagination and creative spark, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work in a team, manage with feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure
• As part of this role, you may be encouraged to assert your expertise and use data to back up your ideas. Good analytical skills and previous experience using social analytics tools would be a massive benefit
• We really want someone who shows great initiative!
• A creative at heart with strong graphic design and video editing skills.