Ashville, North Carolina, USA
John B. Farrington
- Coaching Austin Krajicek
Coaching Career Highlights
- Has coached four (4) different doubles teams to World No. 1 in the ATP Doubles Rankings.
- In 2018, he coached Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic to 3 consecutive doubles titles in Doha, Auckland and the Australian Open. Pavic also won the mixed doubles title at the Australian Open. The pair reached World No. 1 in the ATP Rankings.
- In 2017, coached Oliver Marach and Mate Pavic to the alternate position at the Nitto ATP Finals and a ranking of World No. 9.
- Coached Anastasia Rodionova & Alla Kudryavsteva on the WTA Tour (2014).
- Coached Daniel Nestor & Nenad Zimonjic (2008-10), who claimed over 20 ATP Tour doubles titles, including several Grand Slam titles. Some of the pair's most notable results include: two ATP Finals titles (2008, 2010), Roland Garros title (2010) and final (2008), Wimbledon titles (2008, 2010), and Australian Open final (2010). At the ATP Masters 1000 level, the pair won two titles in Monte-Carlo, two titles in Rome, one title in each of the following cities: Paris, Cincinnati, Toronto and Hamburg. They also reached two finals in Indian Wells and one in Madrid.
- Coached the Bahamas team at the 2004 Olympics in Athens and the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
- Coached Sania Mirza on the WTA Tour (2005-06), who reached a career-high ranking of World No. 30.
- Coached Mark Knowles (1998-2001) and Daniel Nestor to a team ranking of World No. 1, while coaching Knowles to a career-high ranking Top 100 singles ranking. The doubles team won the Australian Open title in 2002 and reached the finals in Wimbledon 2002, the French Open 2002 and the Australian Open 2003. The pair also lifted trophies in Hamburg, Madrid, Miami and Indian Wells at the ATP Masters 1000 level.
- In 1984 named Director of Tennis at the One & Only Ocean Club where he held this position for about 14 years.
- Davis Cup Captain for the Bahamas.
- John Barrie Farrington Jr. was born and grew up in Nassau, Bahamas. He also spent a few years in Toronto, Canada at Appelby College.
- He competed on the ATP Tour for 7 years. He held the number 1 spot in singles and doubles in the Bahamas for 11 years and was a player for the Bahamas Davis Cup team for 10 years.
- He played several other sports, including cricket, soccer and softball
- John began coaching tennis in 1984 and since then has coached on both the ATP Tour and the WTA Tour.
- He is married to Donnae Farrington and they live in Asheville, North Carolina, USA.